Like golf? Why not volunteer for the Mackenzie PGA Golf Tournament Coming to Lethbridge
Help us make this PGA Golf Tournament successful in Lethbridge
The 2018 Mackenzie PGA Golf Tournament will take place June 18th-24th at Paradise Canyon Golf Resort in Lethbridge AB! A number of volunteer opportunities are available.
Here is What We Need:
1. Volunteer Services (20 volunteers needed) – Provide information and directions to volunteers (and others) during the tournament
2. Marshaling (10 volunteers needed) – responsible for crowd control and ball spotting
3. Player Services (4 volunteers needed) – Main contact between the players and the Tournament. Look after and answer questions of the 156 PGA Golfers
- Hotel Information Desk (6 volunteers needed) - look after and answer questions of the 156 players at the hotel
4. Transportation Services
- Parking (12 volunteers needed) – direct traffic at the top of the hill and parking lots
- Stadium Information Desk (10 volunteers needed) – volunteer assistance with shuttles, questions
- Scoring Central (10 volunteers needed) – golf experience an asset, computer knowledge a must
- Walking Scorer (40 volunteers needed) – record each competitor's shot and report it to Scoring Central. Proficiency with tablet technology is an asset. Must be able to walk 18 holes
- Standard Bearer (10 volunteers needed) – walk with the player group and the walking scorer, and post each competitor's score on a standard for spectators to see. Must be able to walk 18 holes while carrying a standard supported in a harness
- Leaderboard (20 volunteers needed) – changing high scores on 1 of 5 boards
- Starters (4 volunteers needed) – must have a strong, authoritative voice
Click here to get a pdf of all volunteer positions that are available.
A caddie is considered employed by the player and is not considered to be a tournament volunteer. Caddies are paid a minimum of $35 per round.
Caddie or golfing experience is beneficial, but not necessary. Applicants must be at least 15 years of age and able to carry a bag for 18 holes and work from all four days of the tournament
Register today or call 403-327-5724 for more information.
Director, Advancement and Communications.
Email: [email protected]