Activities : 7-10 Year Olds
- Grab a library card for free - and enjoy:
- *NEW* Enjoy these Only-Child games from Building Brains Together (or enjoy them when your kids need space from each other!)
- *NEW* Check out this Stay at Home Survival Guide from Imagination Tree
- Help your child build their own schedule, which helps them stick to it!
- Play from home wth Jumpstart! THis is a national list of GREAT energetic play, endorsed by athletes like Hayley Wickenheiser!
- Workout from home with YMCA at Home - like this Gym Class!
- Lethbridge Plays! our local collective committed to prioritizing play shared this great website from Active for Life with ideas for play while parents work, and ideas for every subject!
- *NEW* Lethbridge Sport Council has an awesome list of sport activities from everything from the NHL to local gymnastics!
- Local parents made the "Activities for Kids - Southern Alberta" Facebook Group to share activity ideas and build connections!
- Connect with Helen Schuler Nature Centre for ideas on safe outdoor and environmental play!
- Go for a walk or bike ride on Lethbridge’s trails
- *NEW* Go on Lethbridge Art Walks or create art to share with weekly themes in your neighbourhoods thanks to Allied Arts Council & YQL Neighbourhoods
MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- Kids Help Phone helps kids of all ages through text, call, or live chat online with a counsellor 1-800-668-6868
- Check out this activity book, in 15 languages, that explains covid-19 to children and how they can stay safe
- *NEW* Follow this daily calendar from Action for Happiness as a family to help cope with the crisis, in 20 different languages!
- Find mental health information in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, and Spanish here
- Participate in online smudge, story, and drumming ceremonies as a family with Sweetgrass Youth Alliance
- *NEW* Find many supports for parents from Family Centre
DISTANCE LEARNING HELP
- With your library card, sign into SOLARO, which is based on the same curriculum your school uses! There are supports for kids in grades 3-12.
- Boys & Girls Club offers free group and individual tutoring for kids grades 1-12
- Frontier College offers free tutoring for kids grades 1-12
- MyVictory Skills offers free online tutoring. Contact an instructor to get help with academics, skills, or pesonal growth!
- Your Chrome web browser can help your student with extra learning needs - check out this list of extensions that may help your family
- The device (tablet, laptop, phone) that your child is using for school may have extra tools to help with reading, writing, and organization. Find options here.
- Get tips on supporting your student with behavioural or learning needs from Child Mind Institute
- Get high quality and educational daily schedules from Khan Academy
Do you have additions of local activities for children, youth, and families? Please email Kristina at [email protected]