Activities : 7-10 Year Olds
LOCAL SUPPORTS & ACTIVITES
- Building Brains Together has many resources including Only-Child activities!
- Lethbridge Plays! has winter fun kits to borrow!
- South Region Parents as Teachers - personal visits to provide well-researched information to help you make good parenting decisions and to provide concrete support for you when you need it.
- Opokaa'sin Early Intervention Society's Aapatsi'kaktosi North Star Program includes a parent cafe and other parent and child support!
- YMCA has at-home activities and lessons!
- Grab a library card for free - and enjoy:
- Check out this Stay at Home Survival Guide from Imagination Tree
- Help your child build their own schedule, which helps them stick to it!
- Active for Life has at-home ideas for developing physical literacies!
- Play from home wth Jumpstart! This is a national list of GREAT energetic play, endorsed by athletes like Hayley Wickenheiser!
- Local parents made the "Activities for Kids - Southern Alberta" Facebook Group to share activity ideas and build connections!
- Connect with Helen Schuler Nature Centre for ideas on safe outdoor and environmental play!
- Go for a walk on Lethbridge’s trails
MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- Kids Help Phone helps kids of all ages through text, call, or live chat online with a counsellor 1-800-668-6868
- Check out this activity book, in 15 languages, that explains covid-19 to children and how they can stay safe
- Follow this daily calendar from Action for Happiness as a family to help cope with the crisis, in 20 different languages!
- Find mental health information in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, and Spanish here
DISTANCE LEARNING HELP
- With your library card, sign into SOLARO, which is based on the same curriculum your school uses! There are supports for kids in grades 3-12.
- Boys & Girls Club offers free group and individual tutoring for kids grades 1-12
- Frontier College offers free tutoring for kids grades 1-12
- MyVictory Skills offers free online tutoring. Contact an instructor to get help with academics, skills, or pesonal growth!
- Your Chrome web browser can help your student with extra learning needs - check out this list of extensions that may help your family
- The device (tablet, laptop, phone) that your child is using for school may have extra tools to help with reading, writing, and organization. Find options here.
- Get tips on supporting your student with behavioural or learning needs from Child Mind Institute
- Get high quality and educational daily schedules from Khan Academy
Do you have additions of local activities for children, youth, and families? Please email Kristina at [email protected]