Activities: 11-13 Year Olds
*NEW* LOCAL SUPPORTS & ACTIVITIES
- YMCA has at-home activities, lessons, and workouts!
- Opokaa'sin Early Intervention Society's Aapatsi'kaktosi North Star Program includes a parent cafe and other parent and child support! Check out their Matsiyikkapisaiki-somm (Frog Moon-April) Calendar for all their activities this month
- BGC has many online programs like Free Time - is an afterschool hangout program for youth age 11-14. If you are looking for something to do right after school, this program is for you! We will have games, crafts, and some mental health activities, and we will be adding more as time goes on!
- Family Centre has a great cooking program - Young Chefs
- Lethbridge Sport has great exploration and Play kits!
- *NEW* Read the world with the library!
- *NEW* If you're at home alone more these days, learn about staying home safely!
- Grab a library card for free - and enjoy:
- Develop math, science, and life skills through cooking! Try out these free cook-along videos.
ENERGY BURNING ACTIVITIES
- *NEW* Check out Free Spring Break Camp Online - activities available to you at home from Jumpstart!
- *NEW* Play Eye-Spy while on a walk
- Go for a walk on Lethbridge’s trails (don’t forget to maintain a physical distancing of 2m between each person!)
- Try dancing - check out Dancing Alone Together, a platform for the new digital dance world!
- Try this 10 minute yoga sequence with you tube star Yoga With Adrienne.
MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- *NEW* Join the BGC for a virtual LGBTQ2S+ Hangout
- *NEW* Learn more about your own mental health, and how to help your friends with the BGC's Mental Health Training
- *NEW* Follow this daily calendar from Action for Happiness as a family to stay active for mental wellbeing in 20 different languages! - and *NEW* Download their App!
- Text, call, or live chat online with a counsellor with Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Find mental health information in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, and Spanish here
DISTANCE LEARNING SUPPORTS
- *NEW* Get free, online tutoring from Raise the Grade at BGC
- With your library card, sign into SOLARO, which is based on the same curriculum your school uses! There are supports for kids in grades 3-12.
- MyVictory Skills offers free online tutoring. Contact an instructor to get help with academics, skills, or pesonal growth!
- Try out some learning ideas from local organization Frontier College - things like using this time to explore the house to learn measurement skills!
- ESL? Keep Learning English with Pronunciator
- Your Chrome web browser can help your student with extra learning needs - check out this list of extensions that may help your family
- The device (tablet, laptop, phone) that your child is using for school may have extra tools to help with reading, writing, and organization. Find options here.
- Get tips on supporting your student with behavioural or learning needs from Child Mind Institute
- Get high quality and educational daily schedules from Khan Academy
Do you have additions of local activities for children, youth, and families? Please email Kristina at kris[email protected]