Activities: 0-2 Year Olds
- *NEW* Enjoy Babes in the Library with your little one. They won't need to see the screen. You can listen in, do the actions and give your baby face to face time with you.
- Watch Lethbridge Public Library’s Finger Plays and learn how to play them with your young child at home.
- Check out Reading Rockets tips for reading with baby.
- Check out Alberta Health Services April Infant Calendar of activities.
- Check out Building Blocks for Resilience activities.
- Choose from these 25 Quarantine Ideas for toddlers
- *NEW* Zero to Three offers some helpful at home activities for families with infants and toddlers.
- Stay healthy with the Eat Right be Active eating guide activities for toddlers
- Lots of fun with 5 Baby games to play with your fingers.
- Try Partner Songs for some fun play together.
- Check out these activities that explore hearing.
- Active for Life offers activities that help baby and toddlers develop motor skills.
- Get outside and play bubbles!
- Dance to this Little Movers Playlist.
MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- *NEW* Meaningful activities to support families well-being while coping at home by Alberta Health Services
- Contact South Region Parents as Teachers for free virtual and phone visits about your child’s development.
- Text4Hope sends subscribers text messages of support and encouragement to ease stress or anxiety. Caregivers can text COVID 19 Hope to 393939 to subscribe. In return, receive daily text messages on healthy thinking or actions to help manage your mood.
- CMHA has a local distress line - call 403-327-7905 24 hours, 7 days a week telephone support for people who are in distress and require support, intervention and/or information and referral services to local supports!
- Participate in online smudge, story, and drumming ceremonies as a family with Sweetgrass Youth Alliance
- Call Family Centre to register for their online Baby Signing!
- Read early and read often!
- Check out this list from local organization Frontier College about how to pick books for babies!
- Engage in Mirror Conversations
Do you have additions of local activities for children, youth, and families? Please email Kristina at [email protected]