Activities: 0-2 Year Olds
LOCAL SUPPORTS & ACTIVITIES
- *NEW* Family Centre has many in-person and virtual programs happening including Play Zone, Me & My Family, Discover Together, and Me & My Dad
- *NEW* Lethbridge Public Library has live streams all of April! Find the schedule here!
- Babes in the Library - Exercises, tickeles, and knee bounces, nursery rhymes, and songs for caregivers and their babies 0-18 months!
- Time for 2's - Nursery rhymes,creative play, short stories, songs and books for toddlers 18 months to 36 months and their caregivers.
- small n' TALL - Rhymes, songs & fun livestreamed on facebook!
- Active for Life has at-home ideas for developing physical literacies!
- Roving Gym - with at-home kits!
- South Region Parents as Teachers - personal visits to provide well-researched information to help you make good parenting decisions and to provide concrete support for you when you need it.
- Opokaa'sin Early Intervention Society's Aapatsi'kaktosi North Star Program includes a parent cafe and other parent and child support! *NEW* Check out their Matsiyikkapisaiki-somm (Frog Moon-April) Calendar for all their activities this month.
- Watch Lethbridge Public Library’s Finger Plays and learn how to play them with your young child at home.
- Check out Reading Rockets tips for reading with baby.
- Check out Alberta Health Services April Infant Calendar of activities.
- Check out Building Blocks for Resilience activities.
- Choose from these 25 Quarantine Ideas for toddlers
- *NEW* Carry a jar when you play outside with your child and help them collect their favourite rocks, sticks, and leaves from nature play!
- *NEW* Sign up to receive a whole package of brain-building games from Building Brains together!
- Zero to Three offers some helpful at home activities for families with infants and toddlers.
- Stay healthy with the Eat Right be Active eating guide activities for toddlers
- Lots of fun with 5 Baby games to play with your fingers.
- Try Partner Songs for some fun play together.
- Check out these activities that explore hearing.
- Active for Life offers activities that help baby and toddlers develop motor skills.
- Get outside and play bubbles!
- Dance to this Little Movers Playlist.
MENTAL HEALTH CARE
- *NEW* Follow this daily calendar from Action for Happiness as a family to stay active for mental wellbeing in 20 different languages! - and *NEW* Download their App!
- Meaningful activities to support families well-being while coping at home by Alberta Health Services
- Text4Hope sends subscribers text messages of support and encouragement to ease stress or anxiety. Caregivers can text COVID 19 Hope to 393939 to subscribe. In return, receive daily text messages on healthy thinking or actions to help manage your mood.
- CMHA has a local distress line - call 403-327-7905 24 hours, 7 days a week telephone support for people who are in distress and require support, intervention and/or information and referral services to local supports!
- Read early and read often!
- Check out this list from local organization Frontier College about how to pick books for babies!
- Engage in Mirror Conversations
Do you have additions of local activities for children, youth, and families? Please email Kristina at [email protected]