The Active Lethbridge initiative is a product of the efforts of the Healthy Communities Association of Lethbridge and Area (HCALA). HCALA is comprised of community stakeholders from Alberta Health Services, the Lethbridge College Be Fit for Life Centre, the City of Lethbridge, the University of Lethbridge, Runners Soul, the Lethbridge Family Centre and the Lethbridge Sport Council.
Improve health through capacity building of individuals and their communities.
- Promoting opportunities for all residents to live a more active lifestyle.
- Creating a sustainable stakeholder network that encourages community involvement in building initiatives and promoting active living.
- Supporting a knowledge based community that has access to information on healthy active living and the ability to share it with residents.
- Gaining support from key governing bodies in promoting healthy, active citizens.
An Active Community...
- Benefits Individuals and Communities.
- Contributes to lifelong well-being, socially, emotionally, spiritually and mentally
- Develops lifeskills and self-confidence
- Provides opportunities to make commitments and face challenges
- Develops meaningful relationships, giving us a sense of belonging
- Engages community ownership and vitality
- Recognizes the essential role of volunteers and collaboration amongst sectors
- Provides safe, quality environments